Have you read the article published in the Journal of the Oliver Animal Hospital that found some rawhide chews may contain trace amounts of toxic chemicals, such as lead and arsenic? If yes, you might wonder, “Are Dentley’s Dog Chews Safe?”.
Choosing a high-quality rawhide chew from a reputable brand is essential to minimize this risk, so you should read this article thoroughly.
In this article, I will answer the question “Are Dentley’s Dog Chews Safe for Puppies?” and talk about the benefit of Dentley’s dog chews and what are the best ones. Further, we will also talk about taking a quick look at three popular Dentley’s dog chews reviews.
Are Dentley’s Dog Chews Safe?
Dentley’s dog chews are entirely safe for dogs and meet all high standards. Dentley’s website shows that their dog chews are made with high-quality ingredients and undergo rigorous testing to ensure their safety.
Plus, their chews are being manufactured in the United States, which means they comply & subject to strict regulations & guidelines. Most Rawhide chews locally available in the supermarket and online stores are made from the inner layer of cow or horse hides, which is dried and then processed to create a chewable texture.
You may know this, but not all rawhide chews are created equal. According to the FDA, even though rawhide chews are generally safe for dogs to consume, they can pose a choking hazard if not chewed properly.
This is why it is better to avoid offering it to puppies and dogs who have never encountered such a type of chew ever before. In addition, some dogs may have digestive issues after consuming Rawhide, including diarrhea and vomiting.
Since Bentley claims to use high-quality Rawhide and to process their chews in a way that reduces the risk of choking and digestive issues, You won’t have any problems with your dog. You can find and read many positive reviews on different websites where this particular product is listed.
Feeding chews like Dentley’s dog chew will provide more health benefits than doing anything wrong. A study published in the Journal of Veterinary Dentistry found that Rawhide chews effectively reduced plaque and calculus buildup in dogs, mainly when used regularly.
However, as with any dog chew, you should supervise your pup while chewing. You should act quickly and take the chew away if it becomes small enough to swallow or if your dog shows any signs of discomfort.
Benefits of Dentley’s Dog Chews
- Dental Health: Bentley’s chews are specifically designed to help promote dental health in dogs by reducing plaque and tartar buildup.
- Mental Stimulation: A dog can quickly get bored, especially if it is a high-energy dog. Therefore providing choice is going to give your dog an enjoyable activity. Providing Dentley’s chews is a great way to keep your dog occupied and mentally stimulated.
- Variety: if you check their product range, you will find that Bentley offers a range of chews in different shapes and sizes. Therefore you will be okay with choosing the right chew appropriate for your dog’s breed & size.
How Much Dentley’s Dog Chews Should You Give Your Dog?
The amount of Dentley’s dog chews you should give your dog depends on their size, age, & overall health. As a general rule of thumb, I suggest you offer Dentley’s dog chews no more than 10% of their daily caloric intake to your dog.
For example, if your dog needs 500 calories daily, you should give them no more than 50 calories as treats & chews altogether.
I am talking about taking all other treats and chewing into your account that you will offer your dog throughout the day. If Dentley’s dog chews alone, summing up to 50 calories, avoid offering more treats to yours.
Are Dentley’s Dog Chews Safe for Puppies?
Yes, Dentley’s dog chews are generally safe for puppies, but you should only offer them under supervision. You must pay attention and take away that chew if it is small enough to swallow. You should also act quickly and take the chew away if your puppy shows signs of discount, choking, or pain. To rule out this risk, you must choose the right type of chew and use them in moderation.
Choosing the Right Type of Chew
Since puppies have smaller mouths and weaker teeth than adult dogs, I will advise you to choose a chew appropriate for their size and age. Fortunately, Dentley’s offers a variety of chews that are suitable for puppies. And below are three favorite choices that my dogs used to like when they were young.
- Dentley’s Rawhide Knotted Bones
- Dentley’s Nature’s Chews Porkhide Rolls
- Dentley’s Nature’s Chews Elk Antlers
Also Read: Are Busy Bones Good for Dogs: Benefits and Risks
Note: All these chews are designed to promote dental health and satisfy your puppy’s natural chewing instincts. So, feel worry-free when choosing any of the above.
Dentley’s Dog Chews Stuffed Bone Reviews
These are my dogs’ favorite chews because they are made with real chicken or beef chewable bones while stuffed with various ingredients such as peanut butter, cheese, and vegetables.
If your dog has a chewing habit or instant, and you are suffering a lot because your furniture is continuously getting ruined no matter how much you train your dog, this is the chew you should go with.
In addition, dentley’s dog chews stuffed bones are marketed as a natural way to satisfy your dog’s chewing instincts while promoting good dental health.
Pros & Cons Dentley’s Dog Chews Stuffed Bone
- According to the American Veterinary Dental Society, 80% of dogs show signs of oral disease by age 3. Therefore, using dental chews like Dentley’s Dog Chews Stuffed Bone can help prevent dental issues such as plaque and tartar buildup for dogs.
- The meaty filling inside Dentley’s Dog Chews Stuffed Bone is a great way to reward your dog and keep them entertained for hours.
- Dentley’s Dog Chews Stuffed Bone is priced reasonably compared to other dental chews available in the market.
- Related Articles:-
- Is Heritage Ranch Dog Food Good
- Is Sam’s Club Dog Food Good?
- Redford Naturals Dog Food Review
- Even though Dentley’s Dog Chews Stuffed Bone is made with natural ingredients, some dogs may still be allergic to them. Therefore, check the ingredients before giving them to your dog. You may find a component that is allergic to your dog.
- Dentley’s Dog Chews Stuffed Bone is not suitable for aggressive chewers dogs as it may break into small pieces that can be a choking hazard. Therefore I recommend you avoid feeding it to a giant dog that tends to be highly energetic and aggressive.
- Some dogs may experience an upset stomach after consuming Dentley.’
Dentley’s Dog Chews Rawhide Free Reviews
If you are looking for an alternative to Rawhide, Dentley’s Dog Chews Rawhide-Free Is an excellent one to look at. These dog treats made from high-quality ingredients provide dental health and reduce tartar and plaque buildup while satisfying your dog’s natural chewing instincts.
The chews also come in various shapes & flavors to choose from, so you can find the perfect one for your furry friend. Below I am giving you quick pros and cons of this truth in a table format so you can easily compare it with others.
Dentley’s Dog Chews Rawhide Rolls Reviews
These chews are delicious to dogs, and many have claimed that their pet has gobbled the whole packet within 15 minutes. However, the chews are of small size, so they may not last long.
In addition to this, you should also limit the quantity because rawhide bones and other edible chews may pose a choking and blockage risk. If your dog accidentally swallows large pieces of Rawhide, it may get stuck in the esophagus or other parts of the digestive tract, Which is a considerable concern. ASPCA discourages Offering Rawhide to dogs daily.
|Made from high-quality ingredients||Some dogs may not enjoy the taste|
|Promotes dental health||It can be more expensive than other dog chews|
|Rawhide-free and easily digestible||Some sizes may not last as long as rawhide chews|
I hope you got all the answers to the question: Are Dentley’s Dog Chews Safe? As I told you earlier, these chews are 100% safe for your dogs to consume but in a moderate amount. You should also pay attention to your puppies when chewing this chew, as it may pose a risk.
You should take immediate action if you notice any choking or discomfort in your dog/puppies. This article helps you understand whether you should use this kind of chew. If you liked our article then consider sharing it.
Your share will help many people learn about the benefits of providing Dentley’s dog chews to their dogs and what they should be cautious of. Do check our other articles on dog food reviews and recipes. See you in the next post. Till then, take care and goodbye.